Duke University Athletics has announced health and safety protocols for men’s and women’s basketball events at Cameron Indoor Stadium this season. The policy has been developed in consultation with medical experts at Duke as well as local and state officials.
The plan, which requires all guests to wear a mask as well as present proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours, is detailed below:
- All guests and staff are required to present proof of a COVID-19 vaccination, which shows two dates for the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines and one date for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Guests and staff who are exempt from or ineligible to receive the vaccine can still attend by showing a negative COVID-19 (antigen or PCR) test result within 72 hours of the game you plan to attend. A test result must be in the form of written medical documentation (paper or electronic copy) and the documentation must include: test result, type of test, entity issuing the result, and the specimen collection date.
- For those unable to complete a test prior to game day, a testing site operated by SafeSite (testing partner of the ACC for its championship events) will be available in Blue Devil Tower on game day. The rapid antigen test is $45, and all positive antigen tests will be confirmed with a PCR test for no additional charge to guest.
- Guests and staff may upload their vaccination card or negative test for each event at DukeCheckIn.com. (Please note, DukeCheckIn.com will function, beginning Tuesday, October 12 at 5 p.m. ET)
- Guests and staff preferring not to submit online can verify in person at one of six (6) verification tent locations prior to entering Cameron Indoor Stadium. Staffing will also be available at these sites to assist with registering on DukeCheckIn.com for future games.
- A confirmation from DukeCheckIn.com or a wristband from a verification tent must be displayed prior to entering the security screening area at all Cameron Indoor Stadium entrances.
- Season-long credentialed staff who are vaccinated will be pre-verified before credential distribution and will be permitted entry/exit from the building as needed by presenting their credential at all Cameron Indoor Stadium entrances.
- Single-game credentialed staff must be verified by DukeCheckin.com or by securing a wristband from a verification tent. Once verified, single-game credentialed staff should enter Cameron Indoor Stadium at the South Credential entrance to receive a verification sticker permitting entry/exit as needed without having to show verification again.
- All guests and staff ages 5 and older are required to wear a mask upon entry and at all times while inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, except when actively eating or drinking.
- Children under the age of 12 do not need to provide proof of full vaccination or a negative test result, but they must comply with all other policies, including the mask mandate set by the University.
- As a reminder, Cameron Indoor Stadium’s existing Bag Policy remains in effect: small bags and personal items (less than 12” x 12” x 6”) are permitted to enter Cameron Indoor Stadium. Guests are strongly encouraged to utilize clear bags for faster entry screening. Backpacks, duffel bags, and all bag types larger than 12” x 12” x 6” are not permitted. Reasonable exceptions may be made for medical or childcare reasons. All bags will be screened prior to entering the stadium.
The policy takes effect with Countdown to Craziness, set for Friday, Oct. 15 at Cameron Indoor Stadium at 7 p.m. ET, and will remain in place for all home men’s and women’s basketball games until further notice.