The Carolina Panthers return home in Week 10 to host NFC South divisional foe, the Atlanta Falcons in a Thursday Night prime time match-up.
The Panthers enter the week with a record of 2-7 after falling to the Cincinnati Bengals in Week Nine 42-21. Atlanta fell to the Los Angeles Chargers in Week Nine by a score of 20-17. The Falcons enter Week 10 with a record of 4-5 and in second place in the NFC South.
In their Week 8 meeting this season, the Falcons defeated the Panthers, 37-34, in overtime in a game that saw the two teams combine for four fourth quarter touchdowns and kicker Younghoe Koo convert the game-winning 41-yard field goal with 1:55 remaining in overtime.
This will mark the 56th all-time match-up between the two clubs, and Atlanta leads the all-time series 34-20.
- The Carolina Panthers will debut alternate black helmets in conjunction with the team’s all-black color rush uniforms on Thursday Night Football against the Falcons.
- Carolina quarterback P.J. Walker has won each of his first two career home starts with the Panthers (Week 11, 2020 and Week 7, 2022) and passed for a career-high 317 yards in the Week 8 meeting with Atlanta.
- Running back D’onta Foreman had a career-high three rushing touchdowns while wide receiver D.J. Moore recorded 152 receiving yards and a touchdown catch in Week 8 against Atlanta.
- Defensive end Brian Burns recorded his sixth sack of the season last week and is one of five players with at least six sacks in each of the past four seasons.
- Linebacker Shaq Thompson led the team with 10 tackles in Week 9 and has recorded at least 10 tackles in five of his past six against Atlanta.
- Wide receiver Terrace Marshall hauled in his first career receiving touchdown on Sunday, connecting with quarterback Baker Mayfield on a 21-yard pass in the fourth quarter. After recording just four receptions through the first six games, Marshall has hauled nine receptions for 171 yards and a touchdown in the last three games.
- Defensive tackle Derrick Brown had career-high 12 tackles in the Panthers’ Week 8 meeting versus the Falcons. He has five passes defended in his past four games at home.
- Atlanta enters Week 10 with the NFC’s second-ranked rushing offense (162.9 rushing yards per game) and is the only team in the NFL with four players each with at least 250 rushing yards this season.
- Quarterback Marcus Mariota has 13 touchdowns (10 passing, three rushing) in nine starts this year and aims for his third road start in a row without an interception.
- Running back Cordarrelle Patterson has five rushing touchdowns in five games this season and recorded a touchdown in each of his two games against the Panthers last season.
- Rookie running back Tyler Allgeier set career highs in scrimmage yards (123) and rushing yards (99) last week and ranks fourth among all rookies with 423 rushing yards this season.
- Linebacker Rashaan Evans has recorded at least five tackles in each of his first nine games this season, including nine tackles with a sack in the Week 8 matchup against Carolina.
- Linebacker Mykal Walker has at least nine tackles in five of his past six games while safety Richie Grant has at least five tackles in eight of his first nine games in 2022.
- Panthers DT Derrick Brown is a native of Buford, GA and attended Lanier HS.
- Panthers T Cameron Erving is a native of Moultrie, GA and attended Colquitt County HS.
- Panthers TE Tommy Tremble is native of Peachtree Corners, GA and attended Wesleyan HS.
- Panthers CB Jaycee Horn is a native of Alpharetta, GA and attended Alpharetta HS.
- Panthers OL Cade Mays attended Georgia from 2018-2019.
- Falcons OL Colby Gossett played his college years at Appalachian State from 2014-2017.
- Falcons DB A.J. Terrell played his college years at Clemson from 2017-2019.
- Falcons DL Grady Jarrett played his college years at Clemson from 2011-2014.
- Falcons WR Damiere Byrd played for South Carolina from 2013-2014.
- Falcons WR Byran Edwards in a native of Conway, SC and attended South Carolina from 2016-2019.
- Falcons DL Timothy Horne is a native of Wadesboro, NC.
- Falcons CB Rashad Fenton played at South Carolina from 2015-2018.
- Falcons P Bradley Pinion is a native of Concord, NC and attended Clemson from 2012-2014.
- Falcons head coach Arthur Smith played his college years at North Carolina from 2001-2004. Smith later joined the Tar Heels coaching staff as a graduate
assistant in 2006.
- Falcons offensive line coach Dwayne Ledford has made several coaching stops in the Carolinas, including East Carolina (2008-09), Gardner-Webb (2011),
Appalachian State (2012-2015), and NC State (2016-2018). He is a native of Marion, NC and played along the defensive line at East Carolina from 1995-1997. A seven-year NFL veteran, Ledford played the 2001 season as a Carolina Panther.
Panthers vs Atlanta
ALL-TIME SERIES: 55 total match ups | Atlanta leads the series 35-20
LAST REGULAR SEASON GAME: 10/30/22 | Carolina 34 vs Atlanta 37 (OT)
SERIES RECORD AT VENUE: Carolina trails Atlanta 12-15 in games at home
SERIES STREAK: Atlanta has won 8 of the last 10 match ups dating back to 2017
How to Watch
Kickoff: 8:15 p.m. ET Amazon Prime (WCNC Locally) – Al Michaels, Kirk Herbstreit, Kaylee Hartung
Live Stream: Panthers.com, Amazon.com
Radio: WRFX 99.7FM in Charlotte market; On The Call: Anish Shroff, Jake Delhomme, Luke Kuechly, Kristen Balboni, Jim Szoke