- The Panthers defeated the Falcons 19-13
- Following today’s victory, Carolina improved its record to 4-4 on the season.
- The Panthers are now 20-33 all-time against the Falcons. Carolina has won each of the last two matchups on the road in Atlanta.
- The Panthers are 2-0 in divisional games in 2021 (defeated New Orleans in Week 2, 9/19/21).
- Carolina rushed for 203 yards on 47 attempts, both new season highs.
- The 47 rushing attempts are the 4th most in a single game in franchise history, and the most since 2009 (10/18/2009 at Tampa Bay).
- Today’s game marked the first 200-yard rushing game by the Panthers since Week 5 of 2019 (10/06/2019 vs. Jacksonville).
- Rookie RB Chuba Hubbard led the team with 82 rushing yards on 24 attempts, scoring the
Panthers only touchdown of the game in the fourth quarter. Hubbard’s 108 rushing attempts this season are the 7th most by all NFL players, through the early window of Sunday’s games.
- QB Sam Darnold rushed for 66 yards in today’s game before exiting the game with an injury. His 66 rushing yards at Atlanta mark the 2nd-most rushing yards in a game of his career, only trailing his 84 yards rushing game against the Denver Broncos (10/1/20).
- Carolina finished the game with a +10:46 margin in time of possession. The Panthers finished the game with 35:23 in time of possession, their fourth game this season with 35+ minutes in TOP.
- The Panthers are averaging 32:25 in T.O.P. per game, 3rd highest in the NFL through Sunday’s early window of games.
- The Panthers had three drives of at least 15 plays in today’s game. The offense has recorded 19 total drives this season of 10 or more plays, tied for 3rd most by any team.
Third Down Success
- The Panthers offense posted a season-best 59% conversion rate on third downs, the third highest percentage in a single game since the start of 2020.
- Carolina converted 10-of-17 third downs at Atlanta. The 10 conversions are tied for the third
most in a single game in franchise history, and the most since Week 10 of 2017 (11/13/2017 vs. Miami).
- Carolina’s defense held Atlanta’s offense to 30% on third downs.
No Easy Yards
- Carolina surrendered just 213 total yards to the Falcons, who entered the game averaging 354.2 yards per game.
- Atlanta totaled 131 passing yards against the Panthers defense, the lowest single-game total
since Week 13 of 2018 (12/2/18 vs. Baltimore).
- Carolina ranks 2nd in the NFL in total yards allowed per game (295.6), as well as passing yards allowed per game (188.9).
Gilmore’s Debut and the Return of Shaq
- LB Shaq Thompson and CB Stephon Gilmore each tallied an interception at Atlanta, marking
Carolina’s first game with multiple interceptions since Week 16 of 2020 (12/27/2020 at
- Today was Thompson’s first game back from injury since Week 4 (10/13/21 at Dallas) and marked the Panthers debut for Gilmore after being acquired by the Panthers (10/6/21).
- Thompson finished the game with a team-high 10 tackles. The interception was his second of the season and third of his career.
- Gilmore’s interception was the 26th of his career, tied for the 4th most by any player since he entered the NFL in 2012. His 115 passes defensed are tied for 2nd since 2012, only trailing Janoris Jenkins (121).
Gonzalez Nails Career Long
- Zane Gonzalez nailed each of his four field goal attempts at Atlanta. The field goal distances were 29, 51, 57 and 23 yards.
- Gonzalez’s 57-yard field goal marked a new career-long and was the second longest made field goal in Panthers franchise history.
- Today marked the fourth time in franchise history that Carolina made two field goals from 50+ yards