The Carolina Panthers kick off the 2021 preseason on the road as they travel to Indianapolis for a week-1 preseason matchup with the Colts. The teams had two joint practices in Westfield, Ind. leading up to the game on Sunday, Aug. 15.
Carolina enters this season led by second-year head coach Matt Rhule. The Panthers finished the 2020 season with a 5-11 record, finishing third in the NFC South. Indianapolis posted an 11-5 record in 2020 and finished second in the AFC South.
The Panthers and Colts have faced off seven times in the regular season and just once in the preseason. Carolina leads the regular season series with a 5-2 record vs. Indianapolis. The Panthers also won the only previous preseason matchup.
Last Regular Season Game:
12/22/19 | Carolina 6 @ Indianapolis 38
Last Preseason Game:
8/9/09 | Indianapolis 20 @ Carolina 23 (OT)
- A native of Indiana, Panthers FS Jeremy Chinn played football at Fishers High School, located about 20 miles from downtown Indianapolis.
- Panthers RB Rod Smith is a native of Fort Wayne, Ind
- Panthers WR Krishawn Hogan is a native of Indianapolis, Ind. and played collegiately at Marian University in Indianapolis…Hogan also spent time with the Colts from 2017-18.
- Colts All-Pro LB Darius Leonard is a native of Lake View, S.C. and played collegiately at South Carolina State from 2014-17.
- Colts RB Benny LeMay played collegiately for the Charlotte 49ers from 2016-19. LeMay is a native of Matthews, N.C. and attended Butler HS.
- Colts DE Tyquan Lewis is a native of Tarboro, N.C.
- Colts CB Anthony Chesley played collegiately at Coastal Carolina from 2015-18.
- Colts RB Deon Jackson played at Duke from 2017-20.
How to Watch
Panthers fans can watch on their local affiliate networks if they are in the market areas listed below or online at Panthers.com. The game will also be televised nationally on the NFL Network for those outside of the local coverage areas.
How to Listen
Listen to extensive game day programming, Panthers Updates, Panther Talk and much more on the Carolina Panthers Radio Network. The Panthers can be heard throughout the Carolinas on WBT 1110 AM and on the Carolina Panthers Radio Network.