It wasn’t the prettiest, but the NC State Wolfpack defeated the Virginia Cavaliers on the road – 24-21 – to improve to 3-1 on the season.
Virginia tied the game with 36 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter, but that was enough time for the Wolfpack offense to set up kicker Brayden Naverson for the 33-yard walk-off field goal.
After the win, NC State head coach Dave Doeren talked about the challenging week his team overcame to leave Charlottesville victorious.
- The last time NC State hit a game-winning field goal was Niklas Sade (48 yards) against Richmond in 2013.
- Punter Caden Noonkester had two punts of 67 yards to flip the field, which matches his career high. Noonkester had a total of 400 yards on eight punts.
- Kevin “KC” Concepcion caught his first career touchdown for the Wolfpack. The true freshman leads the team in receiving with 16 catches for 122 yards. First true freshman wide receiver to
- Delbert Mimms, III has scored four touchdowns this season, which is the most of any of his five seasons with the Wolfpack.
- Payton Wilson recorded his 17th career double-digit tackle game after finishing with 10, including a sack.
The Wolfpack return home to host Louisville on Friday, Sep. 29.