The Carolina Panthers travel north in Week Two of the preseason to take on the New York Giants at Metlife Stadium.
Week Two marks the first time since 2011 that the Giants and Panthers have clashed in the preseason. The Panthers enter the matchup with a record of 0-1 after falling at home to the New York Jets in Week One, 27-0.
Led by second-year head coach Brian Daboll, the Giants welcome the Panthers after losing to the Lions in Detroit, 21-16, to begin their preseason.
This will mark the ninth time the two teams have squared off in the preseason. The Panthers hold a 6-2 overall record against the Giants in the preseason, including a 3-2 record on the road.
- The Panthers had 165 total nets yards to the Jets’ 333 in week one of the preseason.
- Quarterback Bryce Young went 4-6 for 21 yards in the three series. Matt Corral played the remainder of the game, finishing 15-22 for 126 yards and one interception.
- Outside linebacker Amaré Barno recorded a sack for 15 yards in the second quarter. Barno also added a special teams tackle on the opening kickoff.
- Safety Sam Franklin Jr. notched an interception on a pass thrown by Jets QB Tim Boyle in the third quarter. Franklin also added two tackles, including a tackle for
- Linebacker Chandler Wooten led the team with seven tackles. Three Panthers tied for second with five stops (Linebacker Bumper Pool, Defensive Tackle Taylor
Stallworth and Cornerback Keith Taylor Jr.).
- Wide Receiver Derek Wright and running back Spencer Brown tied for the team lead with three receptions. Wright led the team with 35 receiving yards.
About New York
- The Giants converted just 2 of 13 third down attempts in their preseason week one loss the the Lions.
- Tyrod Taylor started last week’s game in Detroit before ceding the reigns to Tommy DeVito, who took a majority of the snaps under center. This left Daniel Jones watching the entire game from the sideline.
- Taylor went 3-4 for seven yards and Tommy DeVito finished 15-24 for 155 yards, with one touchdown and one interception.
- Right tackle Evan Neal suffered a concussion in practice earlier this month, which sidelined him until he returned to practice today and participated in team drills.
- Deonte Banks (first round) and Tre Hawkins (sixth round) have both played well over the first few weeks of training camp, which has opened the possibility of starting both rookies on the outside and moving Adoree’ Jackson into the slot.
- Panthers Head Coach Frank Reich is a native of Freeport, N.Y.
- Panthers OL J.D. DiRenzo is a native of Hammonton, N.J. and attended St. Joseph Academy. DiRenzo went on to play college football at Rutgers in 2022.
- Panthers RB Raheem Blackshear played college football at Rutgers from 2017-2019.
- Giants QB Daniel Jones is a native of Charlotte, N.C. and played high school football at Charlotte Latin HS. Jones went on to play college football at Duke
- Giants DL Dexter Lawrence II is a native of Wake Forest, N.C. and played high school football at Wake Forest HS. Lawrence went on to play college football
at Clemson from 2016-2018.
- Giants WR Jamison Crowder is a native of Monroe, N.C. and attended Monroe HS. Crowder went on to play college football at Duke from 2011-2014.
- Giants OL Joshua Ezeudu played college football at North Carolina from 2018-2021.
- Giants WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton is a native of Fuquay-Varina, N.C. and played high school football at Holly Springs HS.
- Giants OLB Tomon Fox played college football at North Carolina from 2016-2021
- Giants OL Devery Hamilton played college football at Duke in 2020.
- Giants WR Jalin Hyatt is a native of Irmo, S.C. and played high school football at Dutch Fork HS.
- Giants TE Ryan Jones is a native of Charlotte, N.C. and played high school football at Mallard Creek HS. Jones went on to play college football at East
Carolina from 2017-2022
- Giants CB Nick McCloud is a native of Rock Hill, S.C. and played high school football at South Pointe HS.
- Giants OL Marcus McKethan is a native of Barnwell, S.C. and played high school football at Barnwell HS. McKethan went on to play college football at North
Carolina from 2017-2021.
- Giants DT Jordon Riley is a native of New Bern, N.C. and played high school football at Riverside HS. Riley went on to play college football at North Carolina
- Giants DT Kobe Smith played college football at South Carolina from 2016-2019.
- Giants Defensive Assistant Ben Burress is a native of Sumter, S.C, and a graduate of the University of South Carolina.
- Giants Defensive Backs Coach Jerome Henderson is a native of Statesville, N.C and attended West Iredell HS.
- Giants Quarterbacks Coach Shea Tierney is a graduate of North Carolina State and coached the Wolfpack for two seasons from 2011-2012.
Panthers vs Giants
All-Time Preseason Series: 8 total matchups | Carolina leads the series 6-2
Last Preseason Game: 8/13/11 | New York Giants 10 vs Carolina 20
Series Record at Venue in Preseason: The Carolina Panthers hold a 3-2 record on the road in the preseason against the New York Giants.
How to Watch
Kickoff: 7:00 p.m. ET Queen City News/WJZY (Local); NFL Network (National) – Taylor Zarzour (Play by Play), Steve Smith Sr. (Color), Carla Gebhart (Sideline)
Live Stream: Panthers.com
Radio: WRFX 99.7FM in Charlotte market – Anish Shroff (Play by Play), Kurt Coleman (Color), Jim Szoke (Color), Kevin Donnalley (Sideline)