Here are a few notable stats from the Panthers’ 23-10 win over the Broncos:
- Long snapper JJ Jansen played in his 221st career game as a Panther, tying kicker John Kasay for the most in franchise history.
BIG DAY FOR D’ONTA
- Running back D’Onta Foreman broke the 100-yard rushing mark for the fourth time in six weeks. He finished the game with 113 yards on 24 carries (4.7 yards per carry). His four 100-yard rushing games are the most in the NFL since week 7.
- Since week 7, Foreman has rushed for 526 yards, which is the third-most in the NFL only behind Derrick Henry & Justin Fields (After Sunday’s early games). Foreman’s 4.6 yards per carry is the second-most since week 7 (min. 100 rush attempts).
- In his first action (start) of the season, quarterback Sam Darnold completed 11 of 19 passes, for 164 passing yards, and a rushing and passing touchdown.
- Darnold has six rushing touchdowns since joining the Panthers in 2021, are tied for the most on the team with running back Chuba Hubbard. His six rushing touchdowns since 2021 are tied for sixth in the league among quarterbacks.
- Defensive end Brian Burns recorded his ninth and 10th sack of the season. This is Burns’ first time reaching double digit sack totals in one season. His 10 sacks are now tied for fourth in the NFL.
- Burns recorded his 7th career strip-sack, which is the most among players drafted in 2019.
- Burns is now 1 of 4 players to record at least 7 sacks in each season since 2019, joining Chris Jones, Myles Garrett, and Maxx Crosby.
WHAT CAN MOORE DO FOR YOU
- Wide Receiver DJ Moore recorded his second 100-yard receiving game of the season, and 14th of his career after catching 4 passes for 103 yards and a touchdown.
- Moore hauled in a 52-yard pass from Darnold, which was his 12th reception of 50+ yards in his career. He now has the most receptions of at least 50 yards since he entered the league in 2018.
- This is the second time in three weeks in which the Panthers have rushed the ball at least 40 times in a game (47 times, week 10 & 46 times, week 12).
- In the Panthers last three home games, they have rushed for 173 yards in week 7, 232 yards in week 10, and 185 yards in week 12, for an average of 197 yards over that three-game span.
- Cornerback T.J. Carrie forced a fumble for the first time since 2019 when he played for Cleveland (12/8/19). Carrie also recovered the fumble which helped set up a 36-yard field goal from kicker Eddy Pineiro.
- Defensive end Marquise Haynes Sr. recorded his third sack in the last three games, which is tied for fifth in the NFL over that span.
- Running back Chuba Hubbard rushed for a season-high 65 yards on 17 rushes.