- Carolina’s record on the season fell to 4-5. The Panthers are now 4-4 all-time against the Patriots (4-3 in the regular season).
NFC SACK LEADER
- OLB Haason Reddick brought down Patriots QB Mac Jones for a four-yard loss in the opening quarter.
- Reddick has totaled 8.5 sacks this season, the most by any player in the NFC and tied for 3rd in the NFL (through Sunday’s early window of games).
- Since the start of the 2020 season, Reddick has logged 21.0 sacks, 4th most in the NFL over the last two seasons.
- Reddick’s single-season career high in sacks is 12.5, set in 2020.
STRIP SACK FOR BURNS
- DE Brian Burns tallied a strip sack on Jones in the second quarter. The play marked Burns’ fifth career forced fumble and brought his season sack total to 5.5.
- Carolina is 1-of-3 teams this season with two players who have tallied at least 5.5 sacks each (Chicago and the New York Giants).
- Today marked the 40th career NFL game for Burns. His 22.0 career sacks are the 2nd most ever by any Panthers player through his first 40 games (Julius Peppers, 28.0).
McCAFFREY RETURNS TO THE LINEUP
- RB Christian McCaffrey returned to the field after missing the previous five games due to injury.
- McCaffrey led the Panthers in both rushing (52) and receiving yards (54).
- McCaffrey totaled 106 scrimmage yards today, his 30th career game with 100+ yards from
GILMORE PICKS OFF FORMER TEAM
- In his second game with the Panthers, CB Stephon Gilmore faced off against his former team
(New England 2017-21).
- In the second quarter, Gilmore stepped in front of a pass intended for WR Jakobi Meyers,
notching his second interception in two games played for Carolina.
- Since 2012, Gilmore’s 27 interceptions are the 4th most by any player.