The NC State Wolfpack travels to the state of Florida for the second time in three weeks to face the Florida State Seminoles Saturday, November 6 inside Doak Campbell Stadium. Kickoff is slated for 4 p.m. and can be seen live on the ACC Network.
NC State (6-2 overall, 3-1 ACC) bounced back from their one-point loss against Miami with a 28-13 victory over Louisville, last Saturday in Raleigh. The Wolfpack used an impressive fourth quarter to eventually pull away from the Cardinals.
Quarterback Devin Leary put the State offense on his back – finishing with 317 yards through the air, with the Wolfpack running attack being held to a season-low in production. Linebacker Drake Thomas turned in his best game in red and white, filling in the middle linebacker role for injured Isaiah Moore – tallying 15 tackles.
Florida State (3-5 overall, 2-3) continues its up and down season, most recently dropping a 30-20 decision to Clemson last Saturday on the road. It took a late Tigers’ touchdown, along with a disaster lateral play which resulted in a Clemson touchdown, to keep the Tigers home winning streak alive – ending the Seminoles three-game winning streak.
Jordan Travis leads the FSU offense with 812 passing yards, with his go-to receiver being Keyshawn Helton with 227 receiving yards. Jashaun Corbin leads the rushing attack with 714 yards and five touchdowns.
Jermaine Johnson II anchors a FSU defensive line with a team-leading 7.5 sacks and 49 tackles, which ranks second on the team behind Jammie Robinson who has 54 tackles along with two forced fumbles.
- NC State has won three of the last four meetings with Florida State – winning 27-21 in Tallahassee in 2017, 47-28 at home in 2018 and 38-22 last season. The Wolfpack fell 13-31 in 2019 in Tallahassee.
- The Wolfpack has outscored the Seminoles 75-17 in the first quarter of the last seven games in the series.
- NC State starting nose guard Cory Durden transferred to the Pack from FSU in the summer of 2021. Safety Cyrus Fagan – who is injured – also played for the Seminoles.
- NC State leads the FBS with just one rushing TD allowed this season. An opponent has not rushed for a score against the Wolfpack since Sept. 25 (Clemson).
- Wolfpack quarterback Devin Leary has 211 pass attempts without an interception. In that time, he’s thrown 18 TDs. That currently ranks as the third-longest INT-free streak in school history and the ninth best in ACC history.
- The Wolfpack offense has not committed a turnover in four straight games. With just six TOs lost this season, NC State ranks fifth nationally and leads the ACC.
- The Pack is a perfect 14-of-14 in RED zone scoring over the last four games.
- NC State is now bowl eligible for the seventh time in Dave Doeren’s nine years at the helm of the program.
- Wolfpack quarterback Devin Leary has 211 pass attempts without an interception. In that time, he’s thrown 18 TDs.