The NC State Wolfpack will look to get back in the win column Saturday as they host the Louisville Cardinals Saturday, October 30 on homecoming inside Carter-Finley Stadium.
Kickoff is slated for 7:30 p.m. and can be seen on the ACC Network.
The Wolfpack (5-2 overall, 2-1 ACC) return to Carter-Finley for the first time since October 2nd. Most recently, NC State fell 31-30 to Miami in a heart breaker. Along with the loss came another blow to the NC State defense as linebacker Isaiah Moore was lost for the season.
Louisville (4-3 overall, 2-2 ACC) heads to Raleigh after defeating Boston College 28-14 last Saturday. The Cardinals finally avoided further trauma after dropping back-to-back contests to Virginia and Wake Forest by a combined four points.
- NC State boasts the top defense in the ACC in terms of statistical rankings. The Wolfpack leads the league in total defense and rushing defense, ranks second in scoring defense and fifth in passing defense.
- Even though Louisville holds 7-3 overall lead in the series, NC State has won the last two of the last three meetings in the series.
- The Pack has outscored its foes 151-55 (37.8-13.8) at home this season.
- Wolfpack quarterback Devin Leary has not thrown an interception in the past five games (175 straight pass attempts). During that span he’s thrown 14 touchdowns and completed 67% (117-175) of his throws.
- The Pack has lost its top two tacklers from last season due to injury: WLB Payton Wilson with a shoulder injury in Game 2 and Isaiah Moore with a knee injury in Game 7.
- The Wolfpack offense has not committed a turnover in three straight games.
- NC State and Georgia are the only teams in the Power 5 who have allowed just one rushing touchdown all season.