Raleigh, NC – The 22nd rank NC State Wolfpack return to action after an off week as they travel to Chesnut Hill, MA to face the Boston College Eagles in a primetime matchup set for 7:30 and can be seen on the ACC Network.
Both teams enter the matchup at 4-1 overall, with NC State being 1-0 in the ACC after defeating Clemson back on September 25, 27-21 in overtime. The Eagles fell to Clemson 19-13 on October 2. The Eagles are also coming off a bye week.
In NC State’s last outing on October 2, the Wolfpack escaped past Louisiana Tech, 34-27 needing a late-game interception to seal the win.
- NC State boasts the top defense in the ACC in terms of statistical rankings. The Wolfpack leads the league in total defense and rushing defense, ranks second in scoring defense and third in passing defense.
- Although NC State trails in the all-time series with Boston College, 7-10, the Wolfpack posts a 5-5 mark in the last 10 outings.
- The Wolfpack has been ranked in the AP poll for the past three weeks – coming in at No. 22 this week.
- In the past two games, QB Devin Leary has completed 71% of his passes (77-109).
- After three straight home games and four of its first five at home, almost a month will pass between NC State last home game and its next.
- NC State’s Oct. 16 contest at Boston College will be its first on the road since Sept. 11 at Mississippi State and marks the beginning of a span where the Pack will play four of its next five contests on the road.
- The Pack ranks second among all Power 5 schools in third down conversion defense, with the opposition converting on just 17 of 71 attempts. (23.9%)
- The Wolfpack enters game 6 as the top defense in the ACC in rushing and total defense and ranks among the national leaders as well.