Hornets Sports & Entertainment today announced important game-day information for fans visiting Spectrum Center, along with several new offerings within the arena this year, created with safety and convenience top of mind. The Hornets will welcome fans back to Spectrum Center for preseason matchups on Thursday, October 7, vs. the Memphis Grizzlies and Wednesday, October 13, vs. the Dallas Mavericks. The team will open the 2021-22 regular season on Wednesday, October 20 when they host the Indiana Pacers.
First and foremost, the organization asks that fans who are not feeling well, or who have recently been exposed to COVID-19, stay home.
Policies and offerings that fans should be aware of prior to visiting Spectrum Center include:
- Mobile Ticketing: With limited exceptions, all tickets will be digital. Tickets for Hornets games can be accessed through the Hornets App, via the “My Tickets” button, which will prompt users to log in to their My Hornets Account or Ticketmaster account.
- Face Masks: In accordance with guidance from the CDC and local health officials, face masks covering both the nose and mouth are required for individuals at least 5 years of age at all times while in Spectrum Center, except when actively eating or drinking at the guest’s designated seating location.
- No Bag Policy: Spectrum Center has a no bag policy, though exceptions will be made for bags smaller than 10”X10”X4”. All bags must go through an X-ray machine, which may cause longer wait times.
- Cashless Transactions: Spectrum Center has created a 100% cashless experience at all concession stands and retail locations in an effort to eliminate the numerous shared touch points. Reverse ATMs are located throughout arena to convert cash to card if necessary.
- Mobile Ordering: Select Spectrum Center concession stands will offer mobile ordering and express pickup through the Hornets App. The Hornets Fan Shop also offers mobile ordering through the Hornets App with express pickup located in the Main Lobby.
- Concessions: Concession stands will continue to feature individually wrapped and packaged items. Condiments, utensils, napkins and straws will also be pre-packaged. Concessions partner Levy will have several new offerings this season, including a new self-service kiosk where fans can order and pay via a tablet for an entirely contactless experience. The first of these kiosks is located outside section 116, with additional kiosks to come later this season.
- Special Procedures For Fans Seated Within 15 Feet of the Court: Per NBA protocols, all fans seated within 15 feet of the court and/or the player benches must either be fully vaccinated or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result from a PCR test sampled within 48 hours prior to the game or a rapid antigen test sampled the day of the game. At-home tests will not be accepted.
- For Hornets games at Spectrum Center, this includes all Hardwood Club, courtside and second-row courtside seats, as well as the first several rows of sections 103-107.
- Fans with tickets in these areas are asked to download the CLEAR app and enroll for free at https://clear.app.link/Spectrum_Center_Attendee. Users can upload their proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result prior to arriving at Spectrum Center and then simply show the green CLEAR Health Pass on their phones in order to enter the arena.
- Additional details will be provided to fans with seats located in this area.
For the most updated information, and details on additional enhancements HSE has made to keep Spectrum Center safe, please visit hornets.com/knowbeforeyougo.