The NC State Wolfpack will look to send their seniors out on a high note as they are set to host the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on Senior Day Saturday, December 4. Kickoff is scheduled for 4 pm inside Carter-Finley Stadium.
NC State (7-3 overall, 6-3 ACC) will attempt to win their fourth straight contest, after handling business on the road against a feisty one-win Syracuse squad last Saturday 36-29. Quarterback Bailey Hockman turned in a career day with 313 passing yards and four touchdowns, with three of those going to junior receiver Thayer Thomas who continues to impress when the ball is thrown in his direction. The Wolfpack defensive front was stout holding the Orange running game to just three yards total.
Georgia Tech (3-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) heads to Raleigh on a high note, out-dueling Duke last Saturday in a 56-33 shootout in Atlanta. The Yellow Jackets rushed for a season-high 377 rushing yards. Freshman quarterback Jeff Sims was a dual-threat nightmare for the Blue Devils – amassing 108 of those rushing yards but also throwing for three scores.
- NC State does not have a home win over Georgia Tech since 2000.
- In its seven wins this season, NC State has outscored its opponents 114-84 in the second half.
- Wolfpack linebacker Payton Wilson leads in the ACC in tackles per game (10.9).
- Georgia Tech matched its overall win total from a season ago (3) with three games still left to play.
- Georgia Tech’s 56 points last Saturday were its most in a game since it scored 66 in a 66-31 win over Louisville on October 5, 2018.
- Georgia Tech’s five takeaways were its most in a game since it forced six in a 56-28 win over Pitt on Oct. 25, 2014.
- Only one player in school history ever had more receiving TDs in a game than Thayer Thomas’ three scoring grabs against Syracuse: Hall of Famer Torry Holt.
- With the win over Syracuse, Wolfpack head coach Dave Doeren now boasts 54 victories in his tenure as head coach of the Wolfpack. That mark ranks second in school history, as Doeren passed Hall of Famer Dick Sheridan when the Pack defeated Florida State.