- Following today’s game, Carolina fell to 4‐8 on the season. The Panthers are 6‐9 all- time against the Vikings.
Chinn Accomplishes Rare Feat:
- Rookie LB/S Jeremy Chinn became just the third player in NFL history, and first since 1948, to record 2+ fumble recoveries returned for touchdowns in a game (Fred Evans, 11/28/1948; Al Nesser, 10/3/1920).
- Chinn is first player in Panthers history to score two defensive touchdowns in a single game, and the fourth NFL rookie since 1970 to achieve the feat.
- On the Vikings opening drive of the second half, rookie S Jeremy Chinn scooped up a fumble by Vikings QB Kirk Cousins (forced by DT Zach Kerr) and returned it 17 yards for a touchdown. On the next play from scrimmage, Chinn ripped the ball from Vikings RB Dalvin Cook and ran it back 28 yards for the score.
- Chinn led the team with a career‐high 13 tackles to go along with two fumble recoveries for touchdowns, one forced fumble and one QB hit. He leads all rookies with 86 tackles this season, 13th most by any player this year through Sunday’s early window of games.
- Carolina brought its season total to 17 takeaways, tied for 5th in the NFL through Sunday’s early window of games.
- The Panthers defense leads the league with 12 fumble recoveries.
- Today’s performance marked Carolina’s 11th consecutive game with a takeaway.
Robby Finds the End Zone:
- WR Robby Anderson led the Panthers with 94 receiving yards and one touchdown on four receptions.
- Anderson tallied his second touchdown of the season on a 41‐yard catch‐and‐run in the second quarter.
- Anderson increased his season total to 912 receiving yards, 6th in the NFL through Sunday’s early window of games. WR DJ Moore ranks 4th with 924 receiving yards.