After a year without spectators due to the pandemic, the Carolina Panthers will welcome fans back to Wofford College Wednesday when they kick off training camp 2021. Here’s everything you need to know if you plan on making the trip to Spartanburg:
- Training camp is free and open to the public with first-come, first-serve general seating on the hill alongside Field 2. Standing room is no longer available along the back end zone or the Field 1 entrance, so make sure to come early and get your spots on the hill.
- Fans do not have to wear face coverings or show proof of vaccination, but they do have to register once and acknowledge the NFL’s terms and conditions for event attendance.
- There are no autographs this year. Due to NFL-NFLPA protocols, social distancing between fans and players is required, and in-person autographs will not be available. However, fans will be able to enter a free giveaway for autographed items during each practice. Sign up to win every morning via the Panthers app. Must be present at practice to redeem.
- The traditional practice in Gibbs Stadium has been moved to Saturday, July 31, as part of the NFL-wide Back Together Saturday. The event will include on-field performances by the TopCats, Sir Purr, PurrCussion and Black & Blue Crew, the Mayor’s Ball Delivery and activities including face painting, food trucks, interactive games and sponsor activations.
- The Panthers App is your hub for all things Training Camp. Click here to enter the Training Camp Experience.
Training Camp Tips:
- Drink lots of water: Even though the Panthers will practice before the heat in Spartanburg becomes unbearable, it still gets warm. Staying hydrated is essential. You don’t want to be the person who causes a stir at the medical tent.
- Bring a Lawn Chair: Seating to watch practices is on an hill, which works out well for viewing, but you’ll also want to be comfortable for the 2 hour practice. A lawn chair is a training camp vet must-have.
- Pack an Umbrella: Whether it’s to block the shade or protect you from an unexpected shower, your umbrella will come in hand, so bring it.
- Have Snacks: A cooler full of drinks and sandwiches isn’t necessary, but a bag of chips or apple slices will come in handy while you watch your favorite team prepare for the season.
- Bring a Towel: Spartanburg is hot and you will sweat. It’s always nice to have a hand towel available to wipe your brow.
- Pack Binoculars: Fans headed to Wofford will get a good view of the field, but a decent pair of binoculars will still come in handy if the team is practicing on the field further away from fan seating.
The Panthers 1st training camp practice is Wednesday at 8:30am. You can check out the full schedule below.