With today’s loss, Carolina fell to 3-7 on the season. The Panthers are 24-17 all-time against the Buccaneers.
Moore Gets More Involved
- WR DJ Moore totaled a team-high 96 receiving yards and one touchdown on four receptions (24.0 average per catch).
- Moore increased his career reception count to 181 and passed DeAngelo Williams (178) for 6th most in franchise history.
- Moore also increased his career receiving yardage to 2,699, passing Christian McCaffrey (2,672) for 5th most in Panthers history.
The Bright Spot
- Carolina scored 14 points in the first quarter today following touchdowns by Moore and Thompson. The Panthers have now totaled 66 first quarter points this season, tied for the most in the NFL through Sunday’s early window of games.
- In the first quarter, QB Teddy Bridgewater was a perfect 10-for-10 on pass attempts, racking up 93 passing yards and two touchdowns.
- On Tampa Bay’s first drive of the game, LB Shaq Thompson punched the ball loose from RB Ronald Jones, resulting in a takeaway after S Tre Boston recovered the fumble.
- The Panthers scored a touchdown on the ensuing drive to take a 7-0 lead.
- The play marked the 7th forced fumble this season by Carolina and the 12th total takeaway.
The Red Zone
- Over the last four games, Carolina has tallied a touchdown on every red zone drive (9-for-9).
- Carolina’s two red zone touchdowns today were recorded by Colin Thompson (seven-yard reception in first quarter) and Teddy Bridgewater (three-yard run in the fourth quarter).