After a tumultuous start to the season that included a game cancellation, the Wolfpack football team will take the field Saturday looking to prove their doubters wrong.
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 19|
|Radio in NC||Wolfpack Sports Network|
|National Radio||Tunein, Sirius 84, XM 84|
- NC State has faced Wake Forest more times that any other opponent in its 128 years of football.
Saturday’s game will mark the 114th meeting between the two squads, with NC State holding a 66-41-6 advantage.
- The Wolfpack has dropped three straight games to the Deacons – the longest losing streak for
NC State in the series since 2005-07.
- The Wolfpack and the Deacons have held serve on their home fields over the last 20 years. The
Wolfpack is 8-2 in its last 10 home games against the Deacons and 2-8 in its last 10 games on the road vs. the Deacs.
- Wolfpack head coach Dave Doeren enters his eighth season with the Wolfpack, tying him for second among the longest tenured coaches in NC State history behind Earle Edwards (17, 1954-70) and Beattie Feathers (8, 1944-51).
- Doeren posts a 6-1 record in season openers, but this will mark his first time opening against an ACC foe. The Wolfpack was scheduled to open the season on the road at Virginia Tech, but that 9/12 contest was moved to 9/26.
- The Pack started 48 different players last season – the highest total in the Power 5. Although that tally was due to the unprecedented number of injuries, it does give the Wolfpack the advantage of having 25 returning players who started at least one game last season.
- After finishing the 2019 season with no senior starters on offense, the opening depth chart for 2020 lists six senior starters.
- The Wolfpack’s two kickers – punter Trenton Gill and placekicker Christopher Dunn – were both up for the national awards for their position (the Guy and Groza Awards respectively) last season and are back on those lists for 2020.