Football may be a man’s game, but that doesn’t mean the ladies don’t love it and the players that take the field on Sundays.
Dick’s Sporting Goods created a map breaking down the top selling jerseys among women. They have an interactive website that ranks jersey sales across more than 500 stores and their website. Updated daily, the Jersey Report allows fans to see how their favorite players and teams rise, fall and stack up against the competition.
A few notes on the map:
- Andrew Luck has the highest selling jersey among women.
- The ladies in Carolina love Luke.
- Three QBs claimed the top spot in 4 states: Russell Wilson (WA, NM, NV, ID), Tom Brady (MA, NH, RI, WY), and Drew Brees (AL, LA, MS, VT).
- Johnny Manziel is more loved by the men than the women. He still takes the #1 spot in OH, but nationwide he’s only #13 overall for women with around 2% of jersey sales, compared to the #2 ranked player among men with nearly 6% of jerseys sold.
- More women’s jerseys were sold in Washington than any other state.
- Cam Newton isn’t the ladies’ top pick on the map, but is runner-up in four locations: AL, DC, NC, SC